What you need to know:
If you are an employer, or someone in control of premises, including Landlords, you must take appropriate steps to identify and remove or reduce the risk of exposure to Legionella.
Compliance Surveys can help you to stay safe and comply with the current legislation (Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, COSHH and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations) by delivering Legionella risk assessments.
We are a member of the LCA - 'Legionella Control Association', that ensures we follow set procedures and are methodical in our approach.
What you need to do:
- A water risk assessment survey to identify sources of Legionella risk.
- A written policy and scheme for prevention and control of Legionella risk.
- A record of regular monitoring.
You must have a policy in place for staff, or visitors, who are in contact with water in your premises.
Taking precautions against the disease is the responsibility of every employer, but compliance with current HSE guidelines is relatively simple.
Risk assessment and remedial action, including flushing, cleaning and disinfection can eliminate any identified problem
How can we help?
We have vast experience in undertaking risk assessment surveys and abatement work. Our surveys can:
- Inspect cold water storage cisterns and water heaters to confirm compliance with water regulations and identify contamination issues.
- Sample and provide analysis of water for both hot and cold water systems.
- Advise on the implementation of a scheme of precautions.
- Implement any remedial action identified by the assessment, including cleaning and disinfection of the hot and cold water system.
- Provide regular post-assessment monitoring and maintenance.
- Provide further re-survey risk assessments (the guidelines are at least once every two years).